K9 Rescue is an organisation which is dedicated to the care of dogs and bringing the benefits of holistic healing to as many dogs as possible.
The organisation objectives are as follows:
- For the benefit of the public to relieve the suffering of dogs in need of care and attention and, in particular, to provide and maintain rescue homes or other facilities for the reception, care and treatment of such animals.
- To promote humane behaviour towards animals by providing appropriate care, protection, treatment and security for dogs which are in need of care and attention by reason of sickness, maltreatment, poor circumstances or ill usage and to educate the public in matters pertaining to animal welfare in general and the prevention of cruelty and suffering among dogs.
Offering shelter or sanctuary for dogs which are in need of medical attention; providing medical treatment for dogs; actively seeking new homes for rescued dogs.
Code of ethics for Trustees, Executives and Members Operations:
- K9 Rescue owes a duty of responsibility to all dogs accepted into its care yet also recognises that it owes a duty to fosterers, adopters and general members of the public to ensure their safety. It also recognises that it owes a duty to the dog population in general and that in some unfortunate circumstances this duty, or the duty to people may require a dog to be euthanized.
- K9 Rescue will not place a dog that is physically unsafe to humans in temperament or behaviour. This includes dogs with diagnosed psychosis or that are known to be habitual fear biters. Each dog will be assessed on a case by case basis, and professional evaluation sought if necessary at the discretion of the Adoptions Officer.
- K9 Rescue will not intentionally misrepresent a fostered or rescued dog’s age, temperament, breeding, or any other pertinent information or facts in order to facilitate placement of said dog.
- K9 Rescue will not knowingly place a dog of any age or breed into any harmful environment including but not limited to: any pet shop, catalogue house, laboratory, or any wholesale dealer in dogs, backyard breeder, or to any person who sells to pet shops, catalogue houses, laboratories, or wholesale dealers, dog fighting groups, puppy mills, nor will K9 Rescue in any way knowingly aid or abet the sale of any dog through any of the above.
- K9 Rescue will never knowingly foster or re-home a dog in a home with a person who has been banned from keeping animals or convicted of cruelty to animals.
In furtherance of these operational objectives all members of the organisation agree that the following are the principles to which they should aspire:
- I will not represent myself as an officer or executive of K9 Rescue unless I have been appointed as such by the trustees.
- I will use my best endeavours to avoid bringing K9 Rescue into disrepute.
- If I become aware of a situation which may bring K9 Rescue into disrepute, or into conflict with any legal requirements I shall use my best endeavours to communicate the same to a member of the Executive Team.
- I will act at all times, in so far as law allows, in accordance with K9 Rescue’s stated aims and objectives.
- I will perform activities to assist K9 Rescue as a non-profit endeavour. My activities will be voluntary, not performed to profit any organization or individual and neither receive nor expect personal compensation or large gifts for these activities.